Experienced surgeons use the latest in technology to perform your procedure at the Outpatient Surgery Suites in the Genesis Coshocton Medical Center.
- Nine pre-surgery and post-surgery rooms
- Patients are prepared for surgery and return to the same room for the recovery phase.
- A family member or support person may wait in this room.
- Two operating suites
- One minor procedure room
- Procedures such as removal of skin lesions and biopsies performed in the minor procedure room.
- One pre/post room can also be used as a procedure room
- Ear, nose and throat (tonsillectomies, ear tubes, sinus procedures): Learn more
- Endoscopies (colonoscopies, upper endoscopies): Learn more
- General (laparoscopic procedures, cysts’ removals, port placements, many more): Learn more
- Gynecology: Learn more
- Orthopedics (carpal tunnel release, pinning, nerve repair, many more): Learn more
- Podiatry (foot and ankle procedures)
- Sports medicine (shoulder and knee procedures): Learn more
- Urogynecology (bladder stimulator implants, slings, cystoscopies, many more)
Overnight Observation Unit
The Overnight Observation Unit provides medical care if you come to the Emergency Department and require monitoring before you can be released. After a few hours, you may be discharged to go home from the unit. If doctors determine you need care for a longer period of time, you may be transferred to Genesis Hospital in Zanesville.
- 10 beds – all private with private bathrooms and showers.
- Includes two specialty rooms for persons of size and isolation.
- All rooms have box cardiac telemetry capabilities to allow you to move around without being wired to wall monitors.
- Genesis Emergency Physicians group includes physicians and advanced practice providers who staff the unit 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Cardiac diagnostic testing is available on this unit, including echocardiograms, stress tests and stress echocardiograms (non-nuclear).
- Experienced staff follows a nursing team concept, including RNs, LPNs and multiskilled techs.
- All RNs are certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support.
- You may have infusions performed on this unit so you don’t need to travel to Genesis Hospital for infusion therapy.
The Imaging department at the Genesis Coshocton Medical Center is available for walk-ins for digital X-rays with a physician’s or advanced practice provider’s order. Other tests listed below can be scheduled.
Imaging tests include:
A test that uses electromagnetic waves to create pictures of the inside of your body. The images show the parts of your body in different shades of black and white. Our staff can send all images digitally to our radiologists for faster turnaround time. We are also able to share the images to providers digitally to prevent delays in medical care.
Breast tomography is an advanced form of mammography, a specific type of breast imaging that aids in the detection of breast cancer.
A CT scan is a medical imaging technique use to obtain detailed internal images of the body. The CT scan at this medical center also has cardiac capability for images of the heart.
A type of imaging test that uses sound waves to take images of structures within the body.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) is a test that uses a magnetic field and pulses of radio wave energy to make pictures of organs and structures inside the body. In many cases, MRI gives different information about structures in the body that can be seen with an X-ray, ultrasound or CT scan.
Heart & Vascular Diagnostics
Several cardiac tests are available at the Genesis Coshocton Medical Center, including the following:
This is an ultrasound test that uses high-pitched sound waves sent through a device called a transducer. The device picks up echoes of the sound waves as they bounce off the various parts of your heart. These echoes are turned into moving pictures of your heart that can be seen on a video screen.
TEEs work in the same manner as transthoracic echocardiography, but sound waves are sent to your heart by a transducer placed in your esophagus. Doctors often use TEE when they need more detail than a standard echocardiogram can give them.
Doppler ultrasound that uses sound waves to show blood moving through blood vessels to look for conditions that restrict or block blood flow. The test works by measuring sound waves that are reflected from moving objects, such as red blood cells.
This is an echocardiogram that is done while your heart is at rest and after your heart is made to work hard (stressed). You exercise or are given medication if you can’t exercise to make your heart work hard.
Laboratory Draw Center
Outpatient lab draws and urine collections are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
We perform most common lab tests onsite for quick results, and we use the latest technology to help doctors and advanced practice providers diagnose conditions.
The Lab Draw Center also provides services for patients in the Emergency Department and Overnight Observation Unit.
You can pick up supplies for urine collection at home, such as 24-hour urine collection or stool collections.
A suite of medical offices within the Genesis Coshocton Medical Center offers you convenient access to care. Physicians and advanced practice providers (APPs) available include:
- General surgeons
- Cardiologists, general and interventional
- Gastrointestinal specialists
- Ear, nose and throat surgeons
When you visit physicians and APPs at the center, your care is documented in our integrated Electronic Medical Record (Epic/MyChart). You can rest assured all our providers at Genesis HealthCare System can view your medical records. It also means you have easy, convenient access to your medical records.
If you find traveling to Zanesville or another Genesis location to see a Genesis Medical Group specialist challenging, we may have a solution. You may be able to take advantage of a virtual telehealth appointment from the medical offices at the Genesis Coshocton Medical Center.
Respiratory therapy testing is available onsite with the following tests:
Noninvasive tests that show how well the lungs are working. The information from PFTs helps your healthcare provider diagnose, monitor and decide the treatment plans for lung disorders.
Measures the acidity (pH) and the levels of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the blood from an artery. Used to find out how well your lungs can move oxygen into the blood and remove carbon dioxide from the blood.
Checks for problems with the electrical activity of your heart; it shows the heart's electrical activity as line tracings on paper. The spikes and dips in the tracings are called waves.
Now you don’t have to travel for therapy. At the Genesis Coshocton Medical Center, you can benefit from a wide range of therapy services. Experienced staff, top-of-the-line equipment and a beautiful, floor-to-ceiling view contributes to getting you back to your active life again. Types of therapy include:
This is treatment when health problems and/or surgeries make it hard to move around and do everyday tasks. Physical therapy staff helps you with movement that may relieve pain. Your physical function and fitness level can be improved or restored through physical therapy.
Occupational therapy is treatment to help you live as independently as possible. Occupational therapists work with people of all ages who need assistance in learning skills by using work, self-care and recreational activities to increase independent function.
This is treatment to help you if you have difficulty speaking, swallowing or thinking, or have memory issues. Speech therapists help with communicating better, swallowing safely and thinking/memory tasks for daily activities.
The goals of speech therapy include:
- Improving pronunciation
- Strengthening the muscles used in speech
- Swallowing safely
- Learning to speak correctly
- Using thinking and reasoning, problem-solving and memory skills for activities of daily living