It’s common to have occasional stomach problems – gas, bloating, constipation – but when you find those or other digestive problems affect the quality of your life, it’s time to get some help.
Our expert team is here to help diagnose and treat your gastrointestinal (GI) problems, from the annoying like occasional heartburn to the more severe, such as cancer. We can help you get back to good digestive health – and to enjoying your life.
We diagnose and treat many GI conditions at Genesis.
- Abdominal pain
- Acid reflux disease
- Alcoholic liver disease
- Cancer: colorectal, esophageal, gastric, pancreatic, bile duct/gallbladder, liver, pancreatic
- Celiac disease
- Crohn’s disease
- Food intolerance
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Rectal problems, including hemorrhoids and anal fissures/abscesses
- Ulcers, including peptic ulcers
Endoscopy is a way of looking inside your body using a flexible tube with a small camera on the end of it. At Genesis, we use endoscopic procedures to diagnose and treat many GI disorders.
These procedures are done either at the outpatient surgery/endoscopy area at Genesis Hospital or the Genesis Surgery Center depending on other health conditions you may have and other factors. Your physician will tell you where your procedure will be done.
- Colonoscopy Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (Upper Endoscopy)
- Esophageal Manometry Capsule Endoscopy (done at gastroenterologist’s office)
Sometimes imaging tests can be used to diagnose gastrointestinal problems. Below is a list of imaging tests.
- Computed tomography (CT)
- Upper GI Series
- Lower GI Series (Barium Enema)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Oropharyngeal Motility (Swallowing)
- Study Ultrasound Virtual Colonoscopy
Whether your gastrointestinal disorder is a mild annoyance or a major health concern, you want to know you’re being taken care of by the best. At Genesis, you can rest assured you’ll get the highest quality care.
Our team includes board-certified gastroenterologists, physicians who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the digestive system.
Our nurses, technicians and other members of the care team have specialized training and many years of experience. And they understand you may be nervous about your test or procedure. You’ll be treated with sensitivity and compassion whether you’re here for a routine screening or a health concern.
Talk to Your Doctor
If you are having problems with your digestive system, talk with your family doctor who can help you figure out the problem and how to treat it. Or, your doctor may refer you to one of our gastroenterologists for tests or procedures.
Need a family doctor? Visit our online physician directory or call our NurseLine.