Pulmonary Function Lab
A pulmonary function test is used to measure how much and how fast air can move in and out of your lungs. It also can indicate how easily you are able to inhale and exhale air and how efficiently your lungs transfer oxygen into your circulatory system.
Genesis Pulmonary Function Lab offers both Certified and Registered pulmonary function technologists to perform your diagnostic test for lung diseases.
You doctor may order a pulmonary function test to:
- Diagnose lung diseases such as: asthma, bronchitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, emphysema and black lung
- Monitor how lung diseases change over time
- Assess the benefits of respiratory treatments
- Screening prior to surgery
- Evaluate symptoms and the effect of lung disease
- Monitor reactions of drugs that are known to cause damage to the lungs.