Our retail pharmacy, the Genesis Outpatient Pharmacy, prepares and dispenses prescriptions for patients, hospital employees, medical staff and community members. Conveniently located inside Genesis Hospital, our outpatient pharmacy can save you an extra step by filling your medications following your appointment or hospital stay. Our pharmacists, certified pharmacy technicians and support personnel work together to assure patients receive the highest quality pharmaceutical care.
Bedside medication delivery service
Genesis Outpatient Pharmacy can deliver medications directly to your bedside, so you don’t have to stop at a pharmacy on your way home. An important part of your recovery is continuing your medication after you are discharged from the hospital.
Meds to bed
The pharmacy will work with your hospital healthcare team to notify them of prescription drug coverage issues. Individualized medication counseling is available from our pharmacists, and your medications will be delivered to your bedside before discharge. This service is available Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Here's how Genesis Outpatient Pharmacy works
- A Genesis Outpatient Pharmacy specialist will verify your prescription insurance information.
- Before discharge, your physician will send us your prescriptions.
- We will call your hospital room to let you know your insurance copays, if any, that are due at delivery.
- We will deliver your medications to your bedside and collect any payments needed for insurance copays. There is no additional cost to you for this service. Prescriptions filled upon discharge cannot be added to your hospital bill.
- You leave the hospital with all your prescriptions to continue your recovery at home.
If you prefer to use another pharmacy for refills, you can request a transfer and Genesis Outpatient Pharmacy will call your pharmacy of choice.
Contact Genesis Outpatient Pharmacy
The Genesis Outpatient Pharmacy is located at 945 Bethesda Drive, Suite 20, Zanesville, Ohio. For more information, call 740-454-4044.
Monday-Friday: 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.