Whether you've just been diagnosed with diabetes, recently changed treatment or are having difficulty controlling your condition, turn to Genesis HealthCare System.
Getting Started with a Dietitian
Our program includes:
- A personal evaluation
- Four two-hour classes
- A follow-up session with a nurse or dietitian
You and your support person will learn from sessions about:
- Understanding diabetes
- Caring for and monitoring diabetes
- Recognizing the signs and symptoms of diabetes
- Treating diabetes
- Avoiding complications
- Planning healthful meals and counting carbohydrates
- Setting goals for healthful behaviors
This program is open to anyone with type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, or gestational diabetes and a support person. It’s designed to help you manage your condition—whether you’ve been recently diagnosed or have had diabetes for decades.
Take advantage of session times that fit your schedule – mornings, afternoons or evenings.
Call to schedule your self-management education program at (740) 454-4568.
Diabetes Education Insurance Coverage
Diabetes management sessions can be billed to your insurance, Medicare or Medicaid. If you have questions about your coverage, contact your provider. Your provider may require pre-certification before you attend classes.
Diabetes Exercise Program
Learn how to safely increase your physical activity with Genesis HealthCare System’s Diabetes Exercise Program. You’ll benefit from:
- Access to our exercise facility and clinical staff
- A one-on-one fitness assessment
- An exercise prescription
- Educational information on foot care, exercise safety, managing blood sugar levels before and after exercise, healthful eating, stress management and more
The program meets twice a week for eight weeks and is available to anyone with prediabetes, type 1 diabetes or type 2 diabetes. A friend or family member may join the program as a support person or exercise buddy. Cost is $100. Financial aid is available.
Learn more or register for the Diabetes Exercise Program.
Diabetes exercise programs
Learn about our diabetes exercise programs and sign up for a class