(Video) Recipe: garlic gnocchi
Friday, January 21, 2022
Love garlic? Give this quick and easy gnocchi recipe a try on a cold winter's evening. Eating garlic can improve blood pressure, lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease.
Makes 6 servings
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a medium bowl, mix egg, egg yolk, coconut flour and Italian seasoning. Beat with a fork until well combined. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt mozzarella and cream cheese (about 60-90 seconds).
- Add cheese mixture to egg mixture and combine well. Place in fridge for 10-20 minutes until cold.
- Meanwhile, boil water in a large pot. Place balls into boiling water.
- After a few minutes, they will rise to the top. Once they all have risen to the top, remove from water.
- In a large pan, heat butter and garlic powder over medium heat. Place balls into pan and sauté each side until golden. Serve warm.
Nutritional information (per serving)
Serving size: 5 balls
Total fat 12g
Genesis HealthCare System’s Health and Wellness content conveniently provides accurate and helpful information. Your health history and current health may impact suggestions provided through our Health and Wellness content. Although we hope this information is helpful, it is not a substitute for your doctor's medical advice. Before making any significant changes, please consult your doctor.