Over the past year, many things have been postponed. However, now is the time to take care of your health. Preventative health screenings and routine checkups are vital to catching chronic conditions early, often allowing for more treatment options and better outcomes.
If you are already living with a health problem, it is critical to keep your appointments to help you manage the disease.
If you are living with pain, elective surgery can often lead to a higher quality of life.
Take the time to take care of yourself. Call your family doctor today.
Below is a small list of screenings and appointments you should follow-up on if you have missed them and are at an appropriate age or considered high-risk. Please note, there are many other conditions not listed that require routine appointments. A doctor may also recommend you participate in certain screenings before the recommended age due to your risk factors.
Appointments to schedule:
- Chronic conditions – If you are living with diabetes, COPD, or any of several other conditions, it is important to keep your regular examinations.
- Colonoscopy – Screenings typically start for men and women when they reach 50 years of age.
- Mammogram – Women typically start screenings when they reach 40 years of age.
- Prostate screening – Men usually start screenings when they reach 50 years of age.
- Routine vaccinations – Hopefully, you have already received your COVID-19 vaccination. If not, click here to register. However, there are several other vaccinations to help keep you and your family healthy.
- Wellness visit – Annual visits with your primary care doctor, are for everyone to detect potential health issues early when they are usually more treatable.
Call your doctor today to schedule your appointment. Don’t have a doctor? Call the Genesis OneCall number at 740-455-7500 to find a doctor conveniently located for you.