Do you have symptoms of COVID-19?
If you think you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19:
- Call your doctor.
- If you do not have a doctor or your doctor is not available, call the Genesis On-demand COVID-19 Virtual Screening Telemedicine Clinic at (740) 297-8610.
- Patient registration will be required; co-pays will be waived.
- Testing will be ordered if appropriate.
Genesis On-demand COVID-19 Virtual Screening Telemedicine Clinic hours:
- Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Hours may adjust according to need.
- For questions after these hours, you may call the Genesis NurseLine at (740) 455-4949.
This is a precautionary measure to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Caring for you during COVID-19
Genesis is here for you. That’s what we want you – our patients, families and friends – to know during the COVID-19 outbreak. Everyone at Genesis HealthCare System is working tirelessly to ensure you and your family receive the healthcare services and information you need.
We are committed to your safety as well as the safety of our healthcare staff and employees. We are working with local and state agencies to provide coordinated information to our community to help everyone deal with the virus.
Download the Transcript (PDF) | COVID19 Update from CEO Matthew Perry and Dr. Wegner, March 24, 2020
Genesis has been planning for COVID-19 since early January. There are multiple teams of physicians, experts on infection prevention, staff and administrators focusing on the many aspects of providing care to patients and our community during this time, while also supporting our healthcare team so you remain healthy and able to care for those who need us.
Our mission – to provide compassionate, quality health care – remains the same. Our pledge to you is that we will continue to do everything we can to get you through this challenging time. Just know – we are here for you.
How Genesis is responding to COVID-19
Here are some of the ways we are addressing COVID-19 to provide care to those who need it and reduce exposure to those who are healthy:
- Genesis is participating in the Joint Unified Command Center daily meetings and communication with the City of Zanesville, Genesis Community Ambulance, Muskingum County Commissioners, Muskingum County Emergency Management Agency, Muskingum County Sheriff’s Office, Pathways 211, Zanesville Fire Department, Zanesville Police Department and the Zanesville-Muskingum County Health Department.
- Nurses are stationed at the Genesis Hospital Main Entrance, the Genesis Cancer Care Center and the Genesis HealthPlex to screen everyone who enters:
- They are asked if they have a fever, new cough or shortness of breath.
- If they say yes, they are given a handout with instructions to call their family doctor.
- If they don't have a family doctor, they are instructed to call the Genesis On-demand COVID-19 Virtual Screening Telemedicine Clinic at (740) 297-8610. After hours, they may call the Genesis NurseLine at (740) 455-4949.
- At the Genesis Hospital Emergency Department (ED) and the Genesis FirstCare-North entrance at the Genesis HealthPlex, there are outside tents where patients and visitors are being screened by nurses. In the ED, if patients and visitors have a fever, new cough or shortness of breath, they are transported to an exam room. Those patients without those specific symptoms are sent into the ED or FirstCare to be seen.
- While Genesis has always had extensive cleaning procedures in place, we are performing those cleaning procedures more frequently.
- Visitation restrictions at Genesis Hospital have been changed to no visitors allowed. The exceptions are for patients at the end of life; disabled patients; labor and delivery patients are limited to one person; after delivery while on the mother/baby unit, patients are limited to one person over the age of 18. If that one person is the father, he may also stay the night. Intermediate Care Nursery and pediatric patients (children age 17 and younger) may have both parents or one person.
- Information and instructions on what to do if you’re sick is being shared with the community in many ways, including the Genesis website and through local media outlets, in conjunction with the Zanesville-Muskingum County Health Department, who is the lead agency for this public health issue.
Following an order from the Ohio Department of Health, as of March 19, 2020, Genesis HealthCare System, along with all other hospitals in Ohio, will postpone all surgical procedures that can be safely delayed. Genesis will continue to perform all essential surgical procedures that address:
• Saving a patient’s life
• Preserving function of organ or limb
• Reducing metastasis or progression of a disease
• Reducing severe symptoms
Postponing elective surgeries is in response to COVID-19. This postponement enables hospitals to reduce risk to patients and providers, conserve critically short supplies of personal protection equipment and preserve inpatient beds and equipment.
Your surgeon’s office will contact you to reschedule your procedure.
Records and Billing
We are temporarily suspending in-person medical records requests at the Grange Building and billing questions at the Genesis Resource Center. If you need copies of your medical records, or have questions related to your bill, we have the following options available:
- For any billing questions/inquiries, please call (740) 454-4335 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are a patient in need of your medical record for personal use, please use MyChart. If MyChart cannot be utilized, please call (740) 454-5905 to make other arrangements.
- If you are a patient requesting your record to take to another provider visit outside of Genesis, please have your new provider call Health Information Management at (740) 454-5905. Records will be sent directly to the provider.
News releases and additional resources from Genesis
Viral Syndrome and Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (PDF)
Coping With Your Emotions Surrounding COVID-19
6 Tips to Protect Yourself Against Infections (Infographic)
Hand Washing Infographic (PDF)