We're Here For You
We all need uplifted sometimes. Genesis Spiritual Care provides spiritual and emotional support for patients and their families. We are here for you regardless of your faith tradition. And you don’t need a religious affiliation to contact us.
Our chaplains provide support and listening during times of joy or suffering, calm or crisis or difficult decision-making. We provide an open, caring and compassionate environment so you can draw upon your own unique beliefs and practices for comfort, courage and strength. We understand that the healing process involves body, mind and spirit.
Here are the services we provide:
- Notify churches and synagogues for patients if requested
- Offer crisis intervention
- Provide help in making difficult decisions
- Assist with advanced directives
- Offer religious sacraments
- Lead memorial services
- Supply training for lay visitors
- Offer cultural diversity training
- Provide short term individual counseling
- Be an advocate
We have several areas where you can seek a quiet place. The chapel at Genesis-Bethesda Hospital is located near the main entrance, past the elevators to the right.
Genesis-Good Samaritan has a chapel on the third floor in the chapel wing. Another chapel is on the third floor near the critical care unit.
We’re here for everyone. Chaplains are also available to community members, by appointment. You can reach Genesis Spiritual Care Services at (740) 454-5859.