Volunteer at Genesis
Make a difference in our community by volunteering at Genesis HealthCare System. You’ll play a central role in providing comprehensive, compassionate care for patients and families in our community.
Volunteer Opportunities for Everyone
Find the perfect match for your interests at Genesis. Whether you’re a skilled typist, enjoy talking with people, or like to repair and build things, you’ll find a volunteer position that fits your skills. Ask about helping with things like:
- Flower delivery
- Fundraisers and events
- Grief support for hospice families
- Office support
- Respite care for hospice families
Serve as a Patient and Family Advisor
Help us improve the patient and family experience by becoming a patient and family advisor (PFA) at Genesis. As a PFA, you may:
- Share your health care experience with care providers and other patients
- Bring the patient and family perspective to Genesis committee meetings
- Share your opinion on improvements in specific Genesis services
- Answer questions about what’s important to you on a particular topic
- Provide feedback on patient handouts and class materials
To be a PFA, you or a family member must have received care at Genesis within the past two years. Learn more and apply to be a patient and family advisor.
How to Become a Volunteer
If you’re interested in volunteering at Genesis HealthCare System, apply online.
For more information about volunteering at the hospital, call Genesis Volunteer Services at 740-454-4700.
For more information about volunteering at Genesis Hospice Care, call 740-454-5352.
Each year, we set aside time to celebrate the service and dedication of our volunteers. Learn about Genesis Volunteer Week and the Genesis Community Service Award.