Safe Sitter - Babysitter's Training Program
Must have completed 5th grade
Being a great babysitter takes skill. It's more than just playing games and reading stories. It's knowing how to:
* Perform first aid and get medical help fast
* Identify safety hazards and prevent injuries.
* Make good, responsible decisions
* Supervise children from newborn to school age
* Choose safe and age-appropriate toys and games
* Provide basic care like diapering, feeding and dressing
* Find and interview for babysitting jobs
Through videos, role-play and lively discussion, a team of Genesis registered nurses will keep the learning fun. You'll practice making decisions and solving real-life problems.
As a part of the program, you'll also receive:
* Child and Infant CPR demonstration video will be shown
* First aid training
* Safe Sitter babysitter's handbook to use on the job
**Due to COVID-19, we will not be conducting hands-on demonstrations this year**
Cost is $50 - includes pizza lunch, 2 snacks and babysitter's training handbook.
Payments can be made by cash or check the day of class.
Please call Jana Bell at 740-450-6262 with any questions, or with allergy or food concerns.