Protocol Treatment to begin within 7 days of randomization
ARM A : Zoledronic acid* IV over at least 15 minutes every 4 weeks for 2 years
ARM B: Zoledronic acid* IV over at least 15 minutes every 12 weeks for 2 years
*Creatinine Clearance is to be calculated for all patients within 7 days prior to each dose. Creatinine must be at least 30ml/min.
*All patients will be instructed to take approximately 500mg of elemental calcium and 400-600 IU Vitamin D po daily.
- Histologic documentation of prostate adencarcinoma, breast adenocarcinoma or multiple myeloma
- At least one bone metastasis
- No prior IV Bisphosphonate treatment
- No prior radiopharmaceuticals, (radioactive iodine and brachytherapy for Prostate Ca are OK)
- Prior non-investigational adjuvant and Metastatic chemotherapy, biologic therapy and endocrine therapy is allowed
- No current treatment with investigational agent (s)
- Patients with brain metastases are not eligible
- No prior treatment with denosumab