Cancer Care Team
Improve your odds of beating cancer by leaning on Genesis Cancer Services’ multidisciplinary team of compassionate experts.
Your Team Members
Your cancer care team members combine their knowledge and expertise to develop a well-rounded, customized treatment plan designed to help you get healthier. You may work with specialists such as:
- Medical oncologists – Use chemotherapy and other medications to treat cancer
- Radiation oncologists – Specialize in radiation therapy
- Cancer surgeons – Operate on tissue or organs affected by cancer
- Oncology certified nurses – Care for you before, during and after treatment
- Pathologists – Assess whether a sample of your tissue contains cancerous cells
- Palliative Care specialist - Provide comfort and support for patients and their families dealing with serious illnesses
- Plastic surgeons – Help restore your physical appearance after cancer treatment
- Research nurse – Acts as your advocate during a clinical trial
After you receive a cancer diagnosis, a Cancer Services nurse navigator will begin meeting with you to guide you through your treatment journey. Rely on your navigator for help:
- Understanding your condition and treatment options
- Coordinating medical appointments
- Communicating with the rest of your cancer team
- Applying for financial aid and understanding insurance benefits
- Taking advantage of support services and community resources
Get to Know Your Navigator
Meet the caring nurse navigators you may work with in Cancer Services:
Alicia Hunt, R.N., B.S.N.
Call Alicia at 740-588-7816 for an appointment.
Carrie Lee, R.N., B.S.N., O.C.N.
Call Carrie at 740-454-5232 for an appointment.
Wendy Long, R.N., O.C.N.
Call Wendy at 740-586-6618 for an appointment.
Kristen Miller, R.N., O.C.N.
Call Kristen at 740-588-7815 for an appointment.