Genesis Surgery Center
Accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care
If you need outpatient surgery, the Genesis Surgery Center may be an option for you. It offers a convenient way of receiving outpatient surgery services. The entire center is designed with outpatient surgery patients and their families in mind. It provides plenty of close parking, a covered walkway for patient entry, and a comfortable waiting area with vending services. You will find all of this in addition to the same high-quality services patients receive in the hospital.
The center contains seven major operating rooms fully equipped with specialized surgical technology. In addition, there are three designated rooms specifically designed for gastrointestinal endoscopic procedures.
A recovery area is provided for your post procedural care. In the recovery area, you will be monitored by professional nursing staff trained in post surgical and post procedural care until you are ready for discharge home.
You will find because the center specializes in outpatient surgery, our patients enjoy many advantages including personalized service, excellent medical care, and comfortable and convenient facilities.
The Genesis Surgery Center is licensed by the state of Ohio, certified by Medicare and affiliated with most major HMOs and PPOs.
Glenda Rogers, R.N., B.S.N.
Business Office Manager
Ohio Department of Health
246 North High Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215
How To Find Us
Genesis Surgery Center
2907 Bell Street
Zanesville, Ohio 43701
The Genesis Surgery Center is located at the corner of Maple Avenue and Bell Street in Zanesville near Genesis-Bethesda Hospital.
Call the center for specific directions
Before your Surgery
Here are some general guidelines that will help you and your family prepare for your visit to the Genesis Surgery Center.
- Bring your driver's license, insurance card(s) with you.
- You will receive specific instructions about eating and drinking the day before your procedure.
- Wear loose fitting, comfortable clothes and slip-on shoes.
- Do not wear any jewelry or make up the day of your procedure.
- If you wear contact lenses, please bring your glasses and contact case with you.
- Arrange for an adult driver to take you home and spend your recovery night with you.
- If transportation is a problem for you, your procedure may be cancelled or rescheduled to a more convenient time.
- Co-payments and deductibles are collected on admission to the facility.
- Visitors are limited to two persons in the restricted patient care areas. Visitor ID bands will be issued during the registration process.
- If you become ill, even with a minor cold, or begin any new medication prior to your surgery, notify your doctor immediately.
After Your Surgery
Plan to rest for the remainder of the day, and expect to be drowsy for several hours after the procedure. Have an adult with you at home for the first 24 hours to help during your recuperation. During your stay at the center, you will be given specific instructions about your recovery and discharge expectations. A nurse will review the instructions with you and your family members before you leave the facility.
Questions or concerns after arriving home can be directed to the following numbers:
- For any emergency situations, call "911."
- Your physician can be reached at the office number listed on the discharge instructions.
- The center can be called at (740) 455-6300.
- The Genesis NurseLine can also be called at (800) 989-4949.
Physicians On Staff
Donald Astorian, M.D.
Michael Cohen, D.O.
Craig DeLeon, M.D.
Dale Edwards, M.D.
Philip Kocoloski, D.O.
Myron Powelson, Jr., M.D.
Jung Rhee, M.D.
Gregory LaNouette, M.D.
James Monath, M.D
Philip Kocoloski, D.O.
W.L. Gregory Siefert, M.D.
Andrew Chernick, M.D.
Roberta Hunter, M.D.
Myron Knell, M.D.
Victor Szemetylo, M.D.
Eugene Young, M.D.
David Barbara, M.D.
Terence Campbell, M.D.
Thomas Diehl, M.D.
Firas Eladoumikdachi, M.D.
Jan Elston, M.D.
Albert Camma, M.D.
Ann Melick, M.D.
Carl Minning, M.D.
Richard Essig, M.D.
Bijan Goodarzi, M.D.
John Lepi, M.D.
Linda Swan, M.D.
Paul Wehrum, M.D.
William Allen, M.D.
Brad Brautigan, M.D.
Dwight Engdahl, M.D.
Samuel Finck, D.O.
Steven Kimberly, M.D.
Andrew Layne, M.D.
Karl Saunders, M.D.
Jack Booth, M.D.
Joseph Onyia, M.D.
Thomas Rojewski, M.D.
Hung Le, D.P.M.
Mark Scott, D.P.M.
David Skrobot, D.P.M.
Facts About the Genesis Surgery Center
- Established in 1999, the Genesis Surgery Center is licensed by the state of Ohio, certified by Medicare and affiliated with most major HMOs and PPOs.
- The center is located on the corner of Maple Avenue and Bell Street adjacent to the Maple Avenue Campus and beside Northside Pharmacy.
- The center was initially operated as a joint venture equity model between Genesis HealthCare System and 35 local physicians. In December 2010, Genesis became sole owner and operator of the center.
- The 22,000 square-foot center houses seven major operating rooms and three rooms designated for gastrointestinal endoscopic procedures.
- The center provides patients with a convenient and accessible location; comfortable and friendly atmosphere; reliable scheduling and technology; and excellent personalized service.
- Multi-specialty outpatient procedures and surgeries are the expertise of the staff and physicians at the surgery center.
Genesis Surgery Center Brochure
Genesis Surgery Center's Privacy Notice
This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please review our privacy notice carefully.
Patients Rights and Responsibilities