Patient & Family Advisors
If you or a loved one received inpatient or outpatient care from Genesis HealthCare System in the past two years, consider volunteering as a patient and family advisor (PFA). In this role, you’ll help improve patients’ and families’ experience by:
- Sharing feedback on Genesis policies, programs and practices
- Helping Genesis better understand patients’ and families’ expectations
- Advocating for the needs of patients and their loved ones
We Need You as a Patient and Family Advisor
If you were a patient at Genesis in the past two years and are willing to promote our positive image and mission through interactions with staff and others, we need you.
Patient & Family Advisor Activities
During your time as a PFA, you might participate in:
- Story sharing: Discuss your health care experience in a constructive way with care providers and other patients.
- Committees: Bring the patient and family perspective to Genesis committee meetings.
- Short-term projects: Partner in initiatives to improve specific provider and hospital services.
- Online advising: Be available by email to respond to questions about what’s important to you on a particular topic.
- Patient education review: Review and give feedback on patient education handouts, class materials and other patient communication.
You’ll share thoughts in a safe, respectful environment. A Genesis mentor will talk with you after each committee meeting, if requested, and answer your questions.