Being a great babysitter takes skill. It's more than just playing games and reading stories. It's knowing how to:
* Perform first aid and get medical help fast
* Identify safety hazards and prevent injuries.
* Make good, responsible decisions
* Supervise children from newborn to school age
* Choose safe and age-appropriate toys and games
* Provide basic care like diapering, feeding and dressing
* Find and interview for babysitting jobs
Through hands-on activities, videos, demonstration, role-play and lively discussion, a team of Genesis registered nurses will keep the learning fun. You'll practice making decisions and solving real-life problems.
As a part of the program, you'll also receive:
* First aid training
* American Heart Association Family & Friends CPR training
* American Red Cross babysitter's handbook to use on the job
* First aid kit to take with you when you babysit
The cost is $50 and includes the training book, first aid kit, CPR training, lunch and snacks.