Qualities of a Genesis Employee
Genesis employees are proud to be the driving force behind our ability to fulfill our mission to provide compassionate, quality health care. To be successful at Genesis, employees consistently apply exceptional technical skills while consistently behaving in a manner that supports our values of compassion, trust, innovation and excellence.
Upon joining the Genesis team, employees sign a commitment to live the mission and value and pledge to uphold this commitment each year in the following ways:
Living Our Value of Compassion
- Acknowledge the presence of others.
- Show respect for all persons (patients, family members, fellow employees, physicians and customers), and treat them with great care and dignity.
- Enter into the world of other persons, become aware of their needs and focus on responding to their needs. Be “present” in all interactions.
- Keep the patient’s comfort and benefit as the priority in everything we do.
Living Our Value of Trust
- Conduct myself with the highest degree of integrity.
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality.
- Introduce myself, identify my department and explain what I am going to do.
- Realize that anything I say is a direct reflection on myself as a healthcare provider and Genesis. Will be positive in all communications.
- Have the knowledge, judgment, skills, energy, experience and motivation required to respond adequately to the demand of my responsibilities.
Living Our Value of Innovation
- Be creative about how to do things more efficiently and effectively.
- Be supportive of positive change.
- Take initiative and make continuous quality improvements (CQI) a part of every day.
- Own the problem if I receive it and/or if needed take it to the appropriate persons for a timely solution.
Living Our Value of Excellence
- Work as a team to exceed the expectations of others.
- Share my knowledge and skills generously. Nurture new staff.
- Do my part to create a healing environment.
- Conduct myself professionally and look professional at all times.
- Strive to help others be successful. Look for the positive.
If you possess these skills/characteristics, check out the job opportunities at Genesis. More information is also available for physicians interested in joining the Genesis Medical Staff.