If you experience pelvic pain, incontinence or another pelvic floor disorder, turn to Genesis HealthCare System’s Women’s Pelvic Health Program for compassionate care that relieves your symptoms and improves your quality of life.
What’s the Pelvic Floor?
Your pelvic floor is the group of muscles that support your pelvic organs, including your bladder, intestines and uterus.
When those muscles are weak or injured, you may experience conditions such as:
Diagnostic Services We Offer
Take advantage of a full range of diagnostic services and tools, including:
- Imaging tests, such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and pelvic ultrasound
- Genitourinary radiology
- Cystoscopy – Examines your bladder
- Multi-channel urodynamic tests – Evaluate your bladder’s function and efficiency
Treatments We Offer
Work with your doctor to create a care plan for your specific symptoms. We offer:
- Biofeedback – Helps you learn to better control your muscles
- Pelvic floor retraining exercises
- Dietary and behavior modification
- Surgery, including minimally invasive procedures
Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy
Strengthen or relax your pelvic floor muscles with physical therapy designed especially for women. You’ll start with an assessment by a licensed physical therapist who specializes in treating pelvic floor disorders. Then, you’ll work together to create an individualized care plan for your unique needs.
You’ll see your physical therapist about once a week for six to 10 weeks.
You’ll need a physician’s referral for the Women’s Health Physical Therapy Program. For more information, call the Genesis Center for Occupational and Outpatient Rehabilitation (COOR) at 740-455-5151 or 877-455-5151.