Screenings & Diagnostics
Protect your heart and blood vessels’ health by taking advantage of screenings and diagnostic tests at Genesis HealthCare System.
Screenings help medical professionals determine your risk of the following heart and vascular conditions before you experience symptoms:
- Stroke – Analyzes the carotid arteries for buildup of fatty plaque that could lead to stroke. Cost: $50
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm – Examines the abdominal aorta for an aneurysm that could rupture and be fatal. Cost: $50
- Peripheral arterial disease (PAD) – Checks for blockage in the arteries of the legs. Cost: $25
- Atrial fibrillation (heart arrhythmia) – Uses EKG electrodes to identify the presence or absence of an irregular heartbeat. Cost: $20
You can get four screenings for stroke and vascular disease for $120, a $25 savings over purchasing them separately.
Comprehensive Diagnostic Testing
If a screening reveals an abnormality, or you’re experiencing symptoms of a heart problem, diagnostic procedures like these can pinpoint where your cardiovascular system needs help:
- Ultrasound imaging
- Echocardiogram – Painlessly creates pictures of your heart
- Intravascular ultrasound – Looks at the coronary arteries, which send blood to your heart
- Heart monitoring
- Holter monitor and event recorders – Attach electrodes to your chest to record your heart’s rhythms over time
- Cardiac stress testing – Measures how your heart responds to exercise or a drug that simulates the effect of exercise
- Electrocardiogram (EKG) – Places electrodes on your chest to measure your heart’s electrical activity at the time of the test. Available at Physician Pavilion and Echo Lab locations.