Accreditations and Quality
Choose Genesis HealthCare System for a heart care provider with a record of helping patients achieve the best possible outcomes.
Chest Pain Center Accreditation
Genesis Hospital holds chest pain center accreditation with PCI from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC) because we closely follow the American College of Cardiology and American Heart Association’s recommendations for heart attack care. That means you get treatment sooner during the critical early stages of a heart attack, and your care team helps make sure you don’t get medical interventions you don’t need.
Why Choose Genesis if You’re Having Chest Pain?
The sooner treatment begins to open blocked vessels and restore blood flow to the heart during a heart attack, the better your chance for a full recovery. Not every hospital can offer you the diagnostic testing and on-site interventional options that are available at Genesis:
- 24-hour on-site angioplasty/coronary intervention
- 24-hour diagnostic catheterization
- 24-hour open-heart surgery capabilities
From April 2014 to March 2015, 96 percent of our heart attack patients received potentially lifesaving percutaneous coronary intervention within 90 minutes of arriving at the hospital—the national standard for timely response.
Learn more about our excellent heart attack care and other interventional cardiology services.
Heart Failure Accreditation
Genesis was the first hospital in Ohio to receive full heart failure accreditation status from the SCPC. This means our hospital has the expertise, resources and commitment to treat you from the emergency department to inpatient care to home care.
You can trust us to provide the right medical services at the right time. From April 2014 to March 2015, all our heart failure patients received an evaluation of left ventricular systolic function, a recommended test of whether the left side of the heart is pumping properly.
Atrial Fibrillation Certification
Genesis was the first organization in the nation to earn full atrial fibrillation certification by the SCPC. So you can feel confident we have the skills, team and technology to successfully treat atrial fibrillation.
What it Means to be Atrial Fibrillation Certified
Key areas in which a facility with atrial fibrillation certification must demonstrate expertise include the following:
- Emergency department integration with emergency medical services
- Emergency assessment of patients with atrial fibrillation
- Risk stratification of the atrial fibrillation patient
- Treatment for patients presenting to the emergency department with atrial fibrillation
- Atrial fibrillation discharge criteria from the emergency department, observation services or inpatient stay
- Atrial fibrillation patient education in the emergency department, observation services and inpatient unit
- Personnel, competencies and training
- Process improvement
- Organizational structure and commitment
- Atrial fibrillation community outreach
Explore all Genesis’ electrophysiology services that help steady your heart rhythm.