Start Your Recovery
To learn more about how cancer rehabilitation at Genesis HealthCare System can benefit you, call 740-455-5151.
During or after cancer treatment, a rehabilitation program through Genesis HealthCare System can help you:
- Gain energy, strength and endurance
- Increase your independence
- Feel more comfortable
- Sleep better
Cancer Rehabilitation Services
Ask your Genesis patient navigator or doctor if you’d benefit from rehabilitation services such as:
- Physical therapy – Helps you move more easily and fully
- Occupational therapy – Teaches you how to better complete everyday tasks
- Speech-language therapy – Improves your ability to communicate and swallow, especially after throat cancer, and can show you how to use a voice prosthesis
Specialized Cancer Rehab Programs
Depending on your type of cancer, you may take advantage of one or more of these programs at Genesis.
If a surgeon removes your lymph nodes during cancer treatment, you may experience lymphedema—swelling in your arms, legs, neck or abdomen. Ease the swelling by meeting with a Genesis therapist trained in lymphedema treatment five times a week over two weeks. You’ll learn how to relieve your symptoms through massage, bandaging, exercise and other techniques.
Ask your doctor for a referral to lymphedema therapy.
Breast Cancer Rehabilitation
Breast cancer rehabilitation at Genesis can help you:
- Prevent lymphedema (swelling)
- Improve and maintain your shoulder’s range of motion and strength
- Enhance your fitness level
You’ll meet with a physical therapist who designs personalized treatment recommendations, which may include manual therapy, exercise and education.
Ask your doctor for a referral to this program, which you may participate in before, during and after cancer treatment.